Piratesville Splash Pad Overview
The Piratesville Splash Pad, a multifunctional water play area designed for children, numbers among the largest splash pads in the Southeast. The facility features such play elements as water slides, water jets, water cannons, dumping wheels, buckets and fountains.
Piratesville is located at 1109 14th St. as part of the Byerly Park Recreation Complex. Learn more by calling 843.383.2878 or 843.383.3020.
2014 schedule and hours
- Opening day: Saturday, May 24 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- Regular schedule: Tuesdays through Sundays, excepting closures from May 27-30 and June 2-4
- Final day of season: Sept. 1 (Labor Day)
Tuesdays through Saturdays: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sundays: 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Special hours for Memorial Day, Labor Day:
11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Piratesville may be closed due to inclement weather, mechanical failure or any safety issue. If so, patrons will be given a pass to re-enter the pad on a future date. This offer is valid for the current season only. No refunds will be given.
- Daily Ticket:
$4 child, $2 adult
- Season Pass for City residents:
$30 child, $15 adults
- Season Pass for non-City residents:
$40 child, $20 adult
- Family season pass for City residents (includes 2 children and 2 adults):
$60, with $15 for each additional child
- Family season pass for non-City residents (includes 2 children, 2 adults):
$80, $20 for each additional child
Ages 17 and older are considered an adult and are admitted at the above rates only with paid admission of youth 16 and younger.
Season Passes may only be purchased Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the T.B. Thomas Sports Center. Appropriate identification, including a driver’s license or photo identification card and a copy of a recent bill to the same in-city address is required to verify residency.
- Up to 50 people, City resident: $100 for one hour, $150 for two hours
- Up to 50 people, non-City resident: $120 for one hour, $180 for two hours
- More than 50 people, City resident: $130 for one hour, $180 for two hours
- More than 50 people, non-City resident: $150 for one hour, $210 for two hours
Available rental time slots
- Tuesday – Saturday:
Morning – 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Afternoon – 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. or 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Morning – 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. or 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Afternoon – 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. or 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Private rentals are available Tuesday through Sunday, before or after normal operational hours only.
- The rental includes exclusive use of Splash Pad, use of picnic shelter and Splash pad supervisor.
- Rentals must be booked at least 10 days in advance and paid in full at time of booking.
- The concession stand will not be open during private rentals.
- In case of inclement weather: If there has been less than 30 minutes of Splash Pad use, the event will be rescheduled and a free pass issued to all guests. If there has been less than one hour of Splash Pad use, a refund will be given based on percentage of use.
Rules & Regulations
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Swim suits and/or appropriate attire must be worn at all times. Cut-offs, gym, or dress shorts including thongs and transparent colored suits are prohibited.
- Children not toilet-trained must wear a swim diaper. Regular disposable or cloth diapers will not be allowed. Swim diapers are available for purchase at the concession stand.
- Persons must shower before entering the Splash Pad.
- No person under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be allowed inside the fenced area.
- Persons with diarrhea or nausea will not be permitted on the Splash Pad.
- Persons with skin, eye, or respiratory infections will not be permitted on the Splash Pad.
- Persons with open lesions or wounds will not be permitted on the Splash Pad.
- Glass containers are prohibited within the fenced area.
- Food and drink are not allowed on the splash pad.
- No outside food or drinks allowed except birthday cakes.
- Smoking and tobacco products are prohibited except in the parking lot.
- Pets are prohibited within the fenced area.
- Bicycles, scooters, skates, and skateboards are prohibited.
- Running and horseplay are prohibited on the Splash Pad.
- The picnic shelter will not be reserved during normal operational hours for parties.
- Persons must conduct themselves in a courteous, safe, and family-oriented manner. The use of profanity or abusive language, symbols or gestures may result in removal from the Splash Pad without a refund.
- Athletic equipment, balls, bats, beach balls, noodles, etc. are not allowed on the Splash Pad.
- In the event of threatening weather, the Splash Pad will be closed. We ask that persons go to a safe area. A safe area may be your car or your home. In the event the Splash Pad closes because of severe weather, patrons will be given a pass to re-enter the pad on a future date. This offer is valid for the current season only. No refunds will be given.
- The City of Hartsville reserves the right to remove participants for violating any of the above rules or engaging in illegal, disruptive, destructive, or inappropriate behavior without refund.
- The maximum number of users allowed on the Splash Pad is 150.
Groups & Camps
- The group rate is $3 for ages 16 and younger in a group of 12 or more who schedule their visits with Byerly Park staff in advance by following the Group & Camp Guidelines.
- A group or camp must have 12 or more children to receive the discounted rate.
- Group rates are only available Tuesday through Friday. Arrangements must be made in 72 hours in advance to receive a group rate by booking a field trip.
- Water Safety Department of Social Services camper-to-counselor ratios are enforced. The group or camp is responsible for providing appropriate staffing.
Child’s Age Ratio
- Birth to 2 Years – 1:1
- 2 to 3 Years – 1:2
- 3 to 4 Years – 1:3
- 4 to 5 Years – 1:6
- 5 Years and Older – 2:25