The Hartsville Police Department is committed to preserving, protecting and enhancing the quality of life in our community. They practice community-based policing and value their partnerships with citizens and neighborhood organizations. The Hartsville Police Department is focused on crime prevention and officers are always available to meet with residents, and businesses, to conduct security assessments.
C.A.T. (Community Action Team)
The Hartsville Police Community Action Team tackles issues patrol officers might not have time to handle during a typical shift. CAT officers zero in on neighborhood crime trends, seek out offenders wanted on warrants, and focuses on gang and drug enforcement. From time to time, the team is required to respond to routine police calls and enforce traffic laws. The goal of our C.A.T. officers is to respond to crime trends.
Victim Services Division
The Hartsville Police Department has a full service victim services division that is committed to providing services, resources and referrals to crime victims and to ensure that victim’s rights are protected under the law. Kelley Woodham serves as the department’s Victim Advocate and is a certified police officer. He can be reached at email@example.com or by phone at 843.383.3029, Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Assistance is available to victims at the location of the crime, during the investigation and throughout the Criminal Justice System in a variety of ways such as:
- On-scene crisis intervention
- Emergency shelter, food, clothing, and medical assistance
- Informing victims of their rights and responsibilities under the law
- Assistance in filing for S.C. Crime Victims’ Compensation
- Court accompaniment and transportation to court proceedings
- Referrals to state and local agencies for assistance
- Assistance in filing restraining orders and orders of protection
- Referrals for counseling and local support groups
The Hartsville Police Department Victim Advocate’s primary goal is to extend to all victims their specific legal rights and to provide services that will effectively assist them.
Police Department main number: 843.383.3011
For emergencies, call 911
135 W. Carolina Ave.
Hartsville, SC 29550